Athletes born 2007 & 2008
- Athletes will engage in approximately 100 days on snow in a combination of training and racing
- The U16 race calendar dependent on Alberta Alpine, highlighting; Slalom, Giant Slalom and Sprint format racing
- BAR FIS Team Integration opportunities
- On snow timing, and Video
- Pre-season conditioning - Spring and fall, weight lifting, cardio and agility. Sessions are supervised and directed by Peak Power professionals.
- Avalanche awareness sessions with qualified AST Guide. BAR has avalanche equipment for the education of athletes.
- Athletes will learn to manage school responsibilities along with training days.
- Time management will become a strong part of U16, staying organized and prioritizing study with training while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Athletes will travel with coaches to races and camps in team transport.
- Avalanche Awareness with trained guide