Club Wide Events
Annual Hill Clean Up – October 6th 2019
- Members new and old, join us for this fun morning at Mt Norquay.
- Athletes U12 and older will bike up Mt Norquay Road aiming to beat last years times.
- Athletes and parents will team together to clean up Mt Norquay before the snow flies. Dogs welcome as long as they are on leash
- Finish the day with BBQ Lunch
- Great opportunity to ask coaches any questions about the upcoming season
Cookie Cup – Monthly
These races are aimed towards our younger athletes gaining experience in a race course in a fun and casual environment. In the past we have had parents and coaches join. Each year we endeavour to get all the programs together for a Club Wide Cookie Cup with a 3/4 lane head to head course.
January 4th – Online volunteer sign up – https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090F44ABAD2FA7F49-january1
Ring in New Year – January 4th, 2020
All BAR, BVQ and Alumni are invited to this event to start the New Year. Held at Mt Norquay’s Lone Pine Lodge. The evening starts after a day on the slopes with apres drinks and appetizers.
- Kids supervised by coaches with games and pizza dinner
- Wine Raffle – always popular (donate wine bottles and get volunteer hours!)
- Silent Auction
- Live Auction – VIP car spaces, vacation cabins, artwork etc.
BOZO CUP and KINDER CUP –
- Head to Head Racing
- $10,000 in cash and prizes
- Crazy Costumes
- Beer Garden at the base of the race course!
- Silent Auction
- Weekend allows us to remember Rob Bosinger (aka Bozo), Provincial and National Alpine Skier, husband, son, brother and father. In 2005, Rob suddenly died of cardiac arrythmia.
- Money raised goes towards: Canadian SADS (Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndrome) Foundation
- And Scholarships awarded to talented male and female U16 athletes for $2500. Athletes awarded these must show qualities that Rob stood for: passion for the sport, ambition, courage along with talent and accomplishment in the pursuit of excellence in ski racing in Alberta.