Age 10 & 11 as of December 31, 2021 born in 2011 & 2010
Athletes ski 55 or 70 days on snow. Athletes will begin to learn life skills such as hard work, dedication, time management, team work, self-belief, goal setting, visualization and sportsmanship just to name a few. We want to make athlete the best skier, racer and person they can be. Coaches are here to guide your athlete through a path that will make them grow as a person and an athlete. U12 ski a combination of training and racing, with technical free skiing. This program is set in a competitive environment preparing them for U12 Provincial Race Series. Teams will free ski at Lake Louise, to ensure a variety of terrain and snow conditions. Athletes will receive feedback from coaches, video sessions and self awareness.
- Pre-seaspm training: YYC – Monday and Wednesday afternoons, BV – Tuesday & Thursday afternoons, Saturday Mountain sessions. Commence September 11th, 2021
- The U12 race calendar dependent on Alberta Alpine calendaring. Highlighting; Slalom, Giant Slalom and Sprint format racing, and Ski Cross.
- Volunteering requirement 1 home race and 8+ hours per child
- Winterstart 5 mile race* – Club hosts and is fundraiser. Athletes participate from U12 and older.
- Introduction to Avalanche awareness with Certified AST guide
- U12 – 55 days on snow
- U12+ 70 days on snow
Early bird Registration opening soon for 2021.2022 Season – Contact Us
Additional Costs include:
- Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $170
- Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers $150* (per family)
- Racer account required for U12 to cover race fees and dryland costs
- Grocery Card Fundraiser
- Pass Recommended – Big 3
- Pass and equipment are not included in program fees.