Ages 8 & 9 as of December 31, 2018 (born in 2009/2010)
Now more technically competent, skills will continue to grow within race and free skiing environments. Typical training days include gate training and some technical free skiing. Teams will free ski at Sunshine Village and Lake Louise throughout the season, to expose them to different snow conditions and terrain. Program dependent on level of commitment, more days on snow will show higher level of skill development. Video sessions will assist the athlete to understand what changes are needed in their personal skill development. Season starts with athletes participating in Dryand training in September. Athletes will work on aspects that will prevent injury and give them a stronger start to the season.
- Children ski with their group from 8.45am – 3:00 pm.
- This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
- The program includes a series of multiple day camps.
- Dryland training: Wednesday afternoon, Saturday Mountain sessions, starting September 8th – November
- The skiers will attend races within the Province
- Volunteering 2 home races and 10 hours per child
U10 Intro – 40 days on snow
Home Race, 2 away races and Cookie Cup
Program Fees: $2315
Racer Account: $620
U10 Regional – 55 days on snow
Home Race, 2 away races, Cookie Cup, optional 3rd away race
Program Fees: $3140
Racer Account: $805
Additional Costs include:
- Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $105(per athlete)
- Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers $150 (per family)
- Racer account required for U10 to cover race and dryland costs
- Grocery Card Fundraiser
- Pass Recommended – Big 3
- Please note lift pass and equipment are not included in program passes.