Ages 8 & 9 as of December 31, 2019 (born in 2010/2011)
Athletes ski 50-55 days a season. More technical skills will continue to grow within race and free skiing environments. Typical training days include gate training and some technical free skiing. Teams will free ski at Sunshine Village and Lake Louise throughout the season, to expose them to different snow conditions and terrain. More days on snow will show higher level of skill development. Video sessions will assist the athlete to understand what changes are needed in their personal skill development. Season starts with athletes participating in Dryand training in September. Athletes will work on aspects that will prevent injury and give them a stronger start to the season.
Program starts November 23rd 2019
- Children ski with their group from 8.45am – 3:00 pm.
- This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
- The program includes a series of multiple day camps.
- Dryland training: Wednesday afternoons Saturday Mountain sessions starting September 9th
- The skiers will attend races within the Province – BVQ Invitational @ Mt Norquay, Putnam Cup @ Panorama Resort & Doug Meyers Invitational @ Lake Louise.
- Volunteering 2 home races and 10 hours per child
- Free ski days at Lake Louise and Sunshine Village
Program Fees: $3276
Racer Account: $805
Additional Costs include:
- Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $150
- Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers $150 (per family)
- Racer account required for U10 to cover race fees and dryland costs
- Grocery Card Fundraiser
- Pass Recommended – Big 3
- Please note lift pass and equipment are not included in program passes.