Ages 8 & 9 as of December 31, 2020 (born in 2011/2012)
Athletes ski 40-55 days a season. More technical skills will continue to grow within race and free skiing environments. Typical training days include gate training and some technical free skiing. Teams will free ski at Sunshine Village and Lake Louise throughout the season, to expose them to different snow conditions and terrain. More days on snow will show higher level of skill development. Video sessions will assist the athlete to understand what changes are needed in their personal skill development. Season starts with athletes participating in Dryand training in September. Athletes will work on aspects that will prevent injury and give them a stronger start to the season.
On snow training starts November 2020
- Children ski with their group from 8.45am – 3:00 pm.
- This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
- U10 Program – 40 days on snow, U10+ program – 55 days on snow
- The program includes a series of multiple day camps.
- Dryland training: Saturday Mountain sessions starting September
- The skiers will attend races within the Province – BVQ Invitational @ Mt Norquay and 2 away races
- Volunteering requirement 2 home races and 10+ hours per child
- Free ski days at Lake Louise and Sunshine Village
Program Fees: U10 $2445, U10+ $3315
Racer Account: Deposit $210
Additional Costs include:
- Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $170
- Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers $150 *(per family)
- Racer account required for U10 to cover race fees and dryland costs
- Grocery Card Fundraiser
- Pass Recommended – Big 3
- Please note lift pass and equipment are not included in program passes.