Ages 7 – 9* as of December 31, 2018 (born in 2009 – 2011)
Athletes in this program ski 33 days – Saturday and Sunday’s. Aimed towards the U8 athlete, or U10 athlete committing to less days on snow than U10 that is continuing their development towards ski racing. Athletes maximize time on snow with Technical Free Skiing and race development training gates. Some free skiing days at Sunshine Village and Lake Louise. Athletes will work alongside some U10 athletes and coaches, gaining experience towards BVQ Invitational and Castle Terrain Event
– Children ski with their group from 9am – 3:00 pm.
– This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
– The program includes Christmas, End of season and Spring, multiple day camps.
– The placement of these consecutive days is to maximize skill development.
– Free ski days at Lake Louise and Sunshine – maximize all round skill development
– The program runs on BOTH Saturday AND Sundays
– Kids will participate in house Cookie Cup Races, hosted BVQ Invitational and 1 away race.
– Volunteering at least 1 home race and 6 hours per child
Away Races: Dependant on Alberta Alpine Race Schedule.
Program Fees: $2040
Racer Account: $400
Additional Costs include:
– Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $95 – $105(per athlete)
– Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers – $150 (per family)
– Racer account required to cover race entries and expenses
Pass Recommendation: Ski Norquay Pass, Ski Big 3 – depending on Family ski days (Please note lift pass and equipment costs are NOT included in program pricing)