Ages 5-10 as of December 31, 2019 (born in 2013 – 2009)
The Q18 program introduces the children to the Snow Stars program; a seven-step program that guides children and coaches through a progression of skills. The goal for this program is for the children to learn the basics of the sport through miles of skiing, friendly competition and to promote a lifelong interest in the sport. Coach:Athlete 6:1. – Children ski with their group from 9:15 am – 3:00 pm.
Program starts December 7th/8th
– This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
– The program has a two 2 day Christmas camps and ends with a 2 day weekend camp.
– The placement of these consecutive days is to maximize skill development.
– Monthly Cookie Cup Club Race
– Families choose between Saturday OR Sunday programming.
– Volunteering Required 6 hours, and at least 1 Cookie Cup – per child
22 day program is a smooth transition from 1 -2 days training a week. Athletes ski either Saturday OR Sunday, once a month training both Saturday AND Sunday. All coaches are past alpine racers themselves, and pass on their knowledge to their athletes. Athletes will start to train gates more often, and begin to learn about not only technical, but also tactical elements of ski racing. Athletes will train alongside U10 & U12 programs, while working towards BVQ Invitational and an away race later in the season. Program starts December 7/8th, 2018
Program Fees: $TBC
Racer Account: $TBC
Additional Costs include:
– Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $TBC
– Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers – $150 (per family).
– Racer Account required to cover race entries and expenses
Pass Recommendation: Ski Norquay Pass. (Please note lift pass and equipment costs are NOT included in program pricing.)