Introduction to Quikies – Q16
Age 5 as of December 31, 2019 – born in 2014
The Q16 program introduces a series of skiing skills linked to the motor skill development of this age group. The environment fosters a love for the sport through miles on skis, friends and the enjoyment of friendly competition. Coach:Athlete 5:1. Program starts December 14/15th, 2019
– Children ski with their group from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
– This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
– This is a parent supported group.
– Monthly Cookie Cup Club Race – friendly competition.
– The program ends with a 2 day weekend camp.
– Families choose between Saturday OR Sunday programming.
– This program is for children who have previously skied with a ski school or their family.
– Children MUST be able to ski a green run with no assistance
– Volunteer at least 6 hours, and a Cookie Cup Race
Total of 16 days on Snow Program includes: Coaching days, report cards and support material.
Program Cost: $954
– Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $125 (per athlete)
– Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers – $150 (per family)