Introduction to Quikies – Q16
Age 5 as of December 31, 2019 – born in 2015
The Q16 program introduces a series of skiing skills linked to the motor skill development of this age group. The environment fosters a love for the sport through miles on skis, friends and the enjoyment of friendly competition.
- Athlete:Coach 5:1
- Children ski with their group from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- 45 minute lunch – athletes lunch with parents
- This is a parent supported group, should parents need to assist with lift loading or tail gunning
- Monthly Cookie Cup Club Race – friendly competition
- The program ends with a 2 day weekend camp
- Christmas camp
- Families choose between Saturday OR Sunday programming
- This program is for children who have previously skied with a ski school or their family
- Children MUST be able to ski a green run in control on their own
- Volunteer requirement 6+ hours & Cookie Cup Race
Total of 16 days on Snow Program includes: Coaching days, report cards and support material.
Program Cost: TBC for 2020/2021 season
– Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $135 (per athlete)
– Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers – $150 (per family)
*Lift passes are responsibility of the family
Program dates updates coming soon for 2020/2021 season.