Introduction to Quikies – Q16
Ages 5 as of December 31, 2017 – born in 2012
The Q16 program introduces a series of skiing skills linked to the motor skill development of this age group. The environment fosters a love for the sport through miles of snow play, friends and the enjoyment of friendly competition. Coach:Athlete 5:1
– Children ski with their group from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm.
– This includes a 45 minute lunch (children return to their parents).
– This is a parent supported group. If your child needs assistance loading the chairlift, a parent will be required to assist with this.
– Monthly Cookie Cup Club Race – friendly competition.
– The program ends with a 2 day weekend camp.
– The placement of this 2 day weekend is to maximize time on snow at the end of the year.
– Families choose between Saturday OR Sunday programming.
– This program is for children who have previously skied with a ski school or their family.
– Children MUST be able to ski a green run with no assistance, skied a blue run last season
– Volunteer at least 6 hours, and a Cookie Cup Race
Total of 16 days on Snow Program includes: Coaching days, report cards and support material.
Program Cost: Coming for 2018/2019 soon
Additional Costs include:
– Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $105 (per athlete)
– Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers – $150 (per family)
On Snow Dates:
Coming for 2018/2019 soon
Pass Recommendation: Ski Norquay Pass (Please note lift pass and equipment costs are NOT included in program pricing)