Ages 14– 15 as of December 31, 2020 born in 2006– 2005
- Athletes will engage in approximately 100-110 days on snow in a combination of training and racing
- This program is supported by a van program and included in the cost. Training departure and drop off from Canmore. Race weekends Calgary pick up.
- The U16 race calendar covers 6-8 weekends highlighting; Slalom, Giant Slalom and Sprint format racing
- 2 free skiing camps a Revelstoke and Fernie or Lake Louise, conditions dependent.
- Exclusive use of BAR Head Quarters
- BAR FIS Team Integration opportunities
- On snow timing, and Video
- Dryland Training – begins September, weight lifting, cardio and agility. Sessions are supervised and directed by Peak Power and Bill Warren TC professionals.
- Summer Camp
- Avalanche awareness sessions with qualified AST Guide. BAR has avalanche equipment for the education of athletes.
- Volunteering requirement 2 home races and 14+ hours
Program Fees: TBC costs for 2020/2021 season including transport costs
Racer Account: TBC
Additional Costs include:
- Alberta Alpine Athlete registration – $250
- Family membership with the Banff Alpine Racers $150
- Participation in the Caribou Program
- Grocery Card Fundraising Program
- Ski equipment & clothing
- Racer account required to cover race entry and race fees
- Program Fees included transportation to all races and camps
- Additional summer camps
Pass Recommendation: Rocky Mountain Passport